Monday, April 13, 2009

Be thankful, be thankful, be thankful

Lately I've had to remind myself to be thankful for the job I have especially during the current times. I just hate it. I'm a pretty creative person. I love to create... and being a compliance liasion specialist at the world's 5th largest insurance company really isn't fullfilling my need. However I am the working person in our household. It doesn't pay for Chris to work, he'd only be bringing in $300.00 a month after we paid daycare. It's not worth it. I don't want him to work. He takes care of our children, he keeps the house clean and dinner is ready when I get home. I LOVE it. I just feel like I'm ready for a change. I've worked my way up a mail room gopher at the age of 19 to a "professional" person in the insurance industry. I have no college degree and I'm making pretty darn good money for someone in my position. I'm just not motivated anymore. I've always wanted to be in a position where I make a difference. All I'm doing here is collecting a paycheck. I'm on the hunt, and it's crazy during this job market. I figure what better time to hunt for a job that you're passionate about then when you really don't need one. So I'm hunting..... I'm making a change. It's one of many changes I've been making in my life. I'm almost 30 it's time to stop floating by. It's time for me to do what I'm meant to do.

0 comments: