*** Warning my first blog is pretty negative... keep in mind that I am pregnant and it is HOT AND HUMID and I'm a little on the TOUCHY side****
So here's my first blog on blog spot.com. I have a blog at my space but I wanted a place to spill my guts without having to worry about hurting other people's feelings. A place where I can tell my true feelings... My first blog is not going to introduce you to the first chapter of my life. You will learn more and I will explain more as we go along. If you have questions do ask.
So the boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and for 2 of those 4 years we have shared our money. I admit in the past I have been awful when it comes to money and paying bills. Though I have really straightened up thanks to him showing me the error of my ways. I have always made more money then bf, and that's never been an issue for me. UNTIL LATELY. He gets on my case about everything and he has even taken control of my bank cards. I have not done anything in the past year to provoke this. I can't buy anything with out him jumping my ass about it. So finally I said I am done I put my foot down and told him that I will no longer allow him access to my accounts and that I will pay him half of the bills. I will even pay more of the house payment because he makes so much less than me. Don't think that BF has been blowing my money, he has not. THOUGH he is living beyond his means thanks to ME and yet has the balls to bitch when I want to buy a candle? Our bills are paid on time or early. We even have money in savings. So again... back on track... I took my cards back and I am doing our money separately. To show him how much I do contribute to his lifestyle. I think he seems to forget that. ALSO, we're not married. It's been 4 years, 1 child and 1 on the way and he has not made one move to purchase a ring. My thoughts are that he thinks "why buy the cow when I can get the milk for free" Now this is my fault I admit but it's going to change. I'm not going to make things so easy on him. It's killing me because he now has a constant attitude and it's really just uncomfortable in our house. This is what he does to get his way. He throws tantrums and then tries to say I'm being a bitch. I'm sticking through it though.
This morning he tells me "we're going to have to ride to work together next week because I don't have any gas money"
-- HE KNOWS we can't ride together during the summer because he can't switch his hours and in order for me to pick up both kids at separate babysitters before they close. I have to leave work at 45 minutes earlier than him.
So I say "Well I suggest you tell them you have to get off work earlier" (knowing full well he can't do this)
He yells "YEAH BECAUSE I CAN JUST DO THAT LINDSEY"
I ignore it
Then he says "Just forget it, I'll walk to work"
I say "OK"
BOO FRIGGIN HOO!
Am I wrong for not feeling sorry for him? I mean I'm gonna toss him a few bucks for gas eventually. Until then he can worry about how he's going to do it... again this is a lesson to him that I do put in a lot of damn work for us to live as well as we do!!! AND THAT'S JUST MIDDLE CLASS!
Nice
7 years ago

2 comments:
Good for you for putting your foot down. Seriously, I wish I did this LONG ago. I also make more than my husband and he has NO idea how his life would be without me. Sometime's it is infuriating the way he spends money without a care.
Yeah, I should've done this awhile back. He has taught me a lot.. but when he's driving a car that costs the family $600.00 a month vs. my car that costs $400.00 a month. (I'm including payment, insurance, and gas) I think I have a right to be upset that I get yelled at for buying a $5.00 candle! I'm paying for him to drive that car because he can't afford it! I help pay for a membership for him to go to the gym! UGH MEN!
I love him, I really do.. but sometimes I just want to beat him. LOL
Post a Comment