BULLSHIT is what I have to say to that!
I have turned into one of those parents that puts a leash on their kid. That's right back when I just had my good kid Joel I would look down at parents that put a leash on their kid. I thought the only need for them was due to lack of discipline and lazy parenting.
Then I had Xavier
Now, I'm one of them. It's not due to lazy parenting. I SWEAR! It's because Xavier is the spawn of Satan. So I ventured into Wal-mart for the first time with Xavier since the JC Penney's incident. Leash in hand. OMG I couldn't BELIEVE the glares I got. Those people would've been disgusted had I NOT had a leash on my little Devil. Who knows how many aisles would've been toppled over. So, I can't beat my kid when he's bad in public or I'll get glared at/reported. I can't put a leash on my kid or I get glared at, I can't let him run free without getting glared at. It's a lose lose situation. So a leash it is and if I could get away with putting a shock collar I'd do it!
OH YES I DID SAY THAT!
Nice
7 years ago

3 comments:
I've not read your blog in awhile. Congrats on your new babe.
For the record, I'm supportive of the whole leash thing. Especially, since you're doing it to protect him and keep him safe. The JCPenney incident sounds very scary for you. Glad things turned out o.k. You should probably avoid the whole shock collar thing, but the leash is good. I've seen some recently that are more like a teddy bear backpack that has a "leash" for parents to hold onto.
Nice label ;) Having a son who is also 100% maniac, I can understand the desire to use a leash for your kid. I think one of the reasons I don't is the same reasons you put in your post. I don't want to deal with the pointing and the staring. Call me a chicken. Plus, I keep hearing the comedian Katt Williams in my head say, "White people, stop putting those little blue leashes on your chil'ren!"
I'm right there with you. I swore I would never and now every time we get out of the car I wish for one. Too bad hubby would kill me otherwise I would totally have one.
Post a Comment