Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Police Cars, Ambulances, and Fire Trucks Oh my!

Monday evening Mr. Butts gave us the scare of a life time. I of course was hard at work playing WoW on my computer when I hear BD scream "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, HE'S CHOKING!" I see him holding Mr. Butts who is trying to breath and can't. I instantly go into Super Mommy mode and fly across the room, grab Mr. Butts and think to myself ABC, ABC, FUCK what does ABC MEAN? FUCK how do you do the heimleich to a 1 year old?!?!? Then in my mind I picture the little diagram from 10 years ago when I was a daycare teacher and had to take CPR and First Aid. I scream at BD CALL 911! He gets on the phone and instantly becomes retarded. Jumping up and down screaming "THE PHONE WON'T WORK THE PHONE WON'T WORK!!" So his sister whips out her cell phone and dials. In the mean time I've get Mr. Butts at an incline face down and I'm hitting his back I hear a cry... Thank GOD... so I flip him over and do the two finger swipe. NOTHING but he's now coughing and crying. BD is on the phone with the 911 operator and they decide to send paramedics and fire trucks, and the police to our house to make sure all is well. (Yeah can't fucking wait for that bill) When they arrive Mr. Butts is all smiles and wanting to be picked up and held by them. While I look like I've just gone to war as I'm dreanched in sweat and my eyes are bulging out of my head. BD I'm pretty sure had suffered a heart attack as the paramedics were more concerned about HIM then Mr. Butts it seemed. They prescribed him a beer and rest. LOL. BD did the relaxing part as he does not drink. I think BD, myself, and Sister-in-law will be taking a course on CPR and First Aid here in the near future as BD feels awful for not being able to do anything. He kept saying "what if you hadn't been here?" I know that Super Daddy mode would've kicked in and all would've been fine but to make him more prepared I think the class is a good idea. Oh and the ABC's yeah Airway, Breath, Compression... I think... which doesn't help with the heimleich LOL I remembered 20 minutes after the incident.

0 comments: