Monday, May 3, 2010

A little miracle named Cale

I have always been one to try to volunteer as much as possible for things I believe in. One of these things is the Heartwalk here in Iowa. The reason I got involved with this is because my friend and co-worker Anna had a little boy by the name of Cale. She had a fine pregnancy and was shocked when she had her c-section and found out that Cale's valves for his heart were transposed. Within a week after being born little Cale had open heart surgery. So this June i am walking and raising money to support more research for all people effected by heart problems. I'm proud to say that Cale is now a happy healthy almost 1 year old. You can read about his story on his caring bridge site http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calejones.
So if it moves you please feel free to donate to help continue the fight for babies and people who need the help. You can Follow This Link to donate.
Thanks so much!

0 comments: