from cancer. This is a joke between me and my BFF. We can joke about this because we're sick fucks and as you all know my mom died from cancer and her grandmother is currently suffering from cancer. We don't joke because we think it's funny we joke because we don't cry. We're fucked up and we know it.
Now, I have my cancer scare. For the last 3 years I've had this spot on my leg. At first I thought it was a blue ink mark that was some strong ass ink that wouldn't go away. In the past three years this spot has grown and is now more black and purple and part of it is over the skin and part of it is under the skin and it is a funny shape. I've known that it needs to be looked at but something stops me from going to the doctor. It's the whole "it'll never happen to me" type stuff the same thing teen girls like myself do with pregnancy... and yet I gave birth to my son at the age of 18. So obviously this method of thinking has not worked out real well in the past. Also around 3 years ago I was getting a pedicure and the woman doing my toes noticed a gray spot on my toe. I told her I must've bruised it. Well that gray spot, it's still there..... then I've been prone to skin tags ever since I've become a fat ass. I have tons in my armpits and it's rather embarassing and I've been meaning to get them removed but you know who has time for that shit. Then about 6 weeks ago I got this HUGE painful lump in my armpit. I thought maybe it was an ingrown hair or cyst. In the past week it's gone down and come up and gone down. I fuck with it sometimes and a couple days ago I got it to bleed... but it wasn't bright red blood so I'm pretty sure it's some sort of cyst. So Monday I am going to a dermatologist and I'm getting all this shit worked on. This morning after talking to a co-worker about my funky shit she told me that she had a friend that found a funny mole on her back and two years later she was dead. So I'm like well shit. So I go to my lovely friend Google and compare bad skin cancer to good skin cancer. Wouldn't you know it out of 4 of the differences my little mole falls into 3 of the categories for the bad skin cancer. The one it doesn't fall into is the size. They say bad skin cancer is normally the size of an eraser tip on a pencil, mine is a little smaller than that. Now I'm a little nervous. I've had the nervous shits all day and I still have another 6 days before I get to the dermatologist.
I've also not been to the gynecologist since 6 week check up after having Mr. Butts. So it's been 18 months. I go tomorrow to get my junk checked out. I'm currently not on any birth control which again is stupid considering I'm dead set against having any more kids. I suck at taking pills. I forget them, and I'm scurred to do the Mirena because I've read too much (thank you Google) and I'm a crazy bitch on my own I don't need the extra hormones to fuck with my happy pills. I'm thinking about getting a copper IUD. I feel ok with this because my other friends husband is a Gynecologist and she has one so if he's cool with his wife having one then it can't be all that bad. PLUS they don't leak hormones into your body.
So what types of scares have you had? What kind of birth control do you use? Oh and don't tell me the shot because I took that one time and you couldn't pay me to do it again. I had all kinds of issues and my OB actually told me he can't believe the shit is still on the market it's so bad.
So tell me your stories good or bad.
Nice
7 years ago

1 comments:
I always think I have cancer, but that's only because it seems that everyone on both of my sides of the family have had some form of it.
I used to take the pill. I just took it every night before bed. I rarely ever forgot.
Post a Comment