Wednesday, December 30, 2009

To Breed or Not to Breed that is the question

We have 3 boys. Skywalker is my son from a previous relationship he is 11
Zaber is our's together he is 4
Mr. Butts is our's together he is 1

We both have always wanted a girl. I will say my only real reason for wanting a girl is to play dress up with her and name her after my mom.

BD has always wanted a girl from the beginning.

I know that having a girl will be a handful. I was a brat as a teenager and I am sure that if I have a mini me she won't last past the age of 13. I know she will be hell to raise becaues she will be Daddy's little girl and he will let her get away with everything. So even since having Mr. Butts I've planned that to be my final pregnancy. BD- not so much he was ready to keep trying until we had a little girl.

Then...... a couple weeks ago BD announced NO MORE KIDS. He had been pulled aside at Zaber's preschool and told that Zaber doesn't listen, he gives off the wall answers to simple questions. All things that we were told about Skywalker when he was around 5 years old. BD is concerned that we have another Asperger's child. I don't agree. Zaber is totally different. Skywalker didn't talk until after he was 3 years old and he didn't just give off the wall answers his shit just did not make sense what-so-ever. Zaber LOVES to learn, I can carry conversations easier than I can with Skywalker even to this day. The thing is Zaber is an asshole. Just plain and simple. He doesn't give a fuck. It's about Zaber and what Zaber wants to do. You can't beat good behavior into him, you can't put him in the corner, he'll just tell you it's not fair and basically turn around and do the same shit over again even if he knows he's going to get in trouble. Why, again because Zaber is an asshole. He's a loveable asshole and he's an adorable asshole but he's an asshole all the same.

So here we both sit thinking no mas on more kids. I'm even playing around with getting fixed. **Even though I told BD I went through 3 surgeries to have my children he can get his boys snipped, it's only fair.... he's not going for it**

What's the problem you ask? Our reasons are different. I know that Zaber just needs to be kept busy, he's just an active child. Folks are all hip to medicate him but really he's just a typical boy. He'll grow out of it I'm sure.

My reason for not wanting any more is I'm damn near 30 years old and though that's the perfect age for regular people to have kids I started out early and I think i should be done early. As it is now all my kids will be able to fend for themselves by the time I am 46 years old. I can legally throw them out of my house if they are little fuck ups. If they are responsible I can trust them and be able to leave my house to go galavanting across the world with no worries. I am ready to get my body back and I'm ready to be a MILF and be DONE. The other reason is financial means. We live comfortably, yes we have a strict budget but at the same time I don't want to throw another child in the mix I want to be better off in 3 years not sitting in the same place.

BD says that we never thought we could afford one more let alone two and we still make it work.

So do I wait? Or do I take BD's fear and run with it?

In the end I will talk to BD about this. Explain that I think his fear of breeding more asshole's is unfounded... but then what if I do too good of a job and he wants another?!?!?

4 comments:

TriXXie said...

Baby girls are over-rated. Sure, they are fun to dress up when they are little, but then they grow into adolescents and you really have your hands full. Cute little dresses turn into sexy tramp outfits, makeup, and piercings. I used to take my daughter to Build-A-Bear Workshop; now, I accompany her to Planned Parenthood. I get a daily dose of eye-rolling. I also consider that we have a pretty good relationship. She thinks I'm annoying, but she trusts me when she needs something. It works..but it's no picnic. So, if you decide you want another baby, consider all of that. And also consider that you might end up with another handful of a boy. Just sayin'.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You're still so young. There really is time to decide.

Aunt Becky said...

I'd go with a good long talk, if I were you. It's so hard to deal with sometimes. Dave only wanted one (Ben) and I somehow managed to pull 2 more out of him.

LivingLifeBackwards said...

I think I will set up for the long talk but not this weekend, not while I sit here bleeding like a stuck pig with and oozing out of my Lane Giant jeans like a stuffed sausage... because if it were up to me today... right now I would be laying on a table getting ready to have my uterus yanked out of me.