Monday, December 28, 2009

Why ask for a list if you're just going to get me random shit?

I don't want to sound ungrateful. I am truly grateful for the gifts I receive. However if you are just going to pick up random shit to give me just give me the cash. I received a very shitty Christmas from my dad and his girlfriend. I can honestly say I think the girlfriend did the shopping. Also please note that my dad is well off, he has no bills except his monthly electric, gas. He has NO debt and makes VERY good money.
I asked for one thing. Photo editing software that is $24.99.
This is what I got:
-Bath and Body Works Lotion
-Bath and Body Works Body Spray
-$25.00 gift card to Red Lobster ( I hate seafood with a passion)
-$25.00 in a roll of $1.00 coins that he fully expects me to save because they might be worth something later.
Again I asked for Photo editing software.
WTF?!?!
I returned the Bath and Body Works stuff because it's not a scent I wear, never have worn, never WANT to wear and what does the lady at the register tell me. "Oh this was part of a buy 2 get 2 free special so your total is divided among 4 bottles (note I received 2 bottles apparently his girlfriend decided to keep the others for herself. LOL) So my return equaled $15.00 that I HAVE to spend at B&B. I did end up picking up a sugar scrub that I wanted and that took up all of my $15.00 and then I had to add another $1.62 to it.

This hurts because I really put a lot of thought into his and his girlfriends gifts. I know that his girlfriend is the one that picked out the gifts as she made that VERY clear. BD always has said she has a thing for him and I'm starting to think it's true. My gift was handed to me in a very used gift bag with WADDED up tissue paper shoved to the side to hold my bottles of B&B stuff up. His gift (WHO SHE MADE CLEAR SHE WRAPPED AND WASN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?!?!) Was in a beautiful box with a ribbon around it (the fancy ribbon with the wire but who's paying attention right?) He received sweat pants and a sweat shirt (on his list) with the tags still on it that added up to about $35.00 and a $25.00 gift card to Red Lobster (which he has wanted to try out and has mentioned that before to her) and then she says to BD "Maybe you can find sitters and we can go together" and then she smiles at BD longingly and licks her lips... OK she just smiled but still!

Here's the other thing about this woman. She is 46 with 2 boys. One 15 one 20, after we had dinner at my dad's house where SHE and HER KIDS live. My dad, BD, and I were the one's doing dishes? I gave her kids gifts. Granted I don't KNOW these kids but thought it would be the right thing to do and I did only spend $10.00 each on them but they NEVER said THANK YOU?!?!? Also oldest kid goes to school part-time does not work, and when my dad got him a job at a convenience store (my cousin is the manager), the oldest kid said he doesn't "want" to work at a gas station. As if it's beneath him.... REALLY?!?!
So I gave Dad a call this morning. This is how it goes:
Me: "Hey Dad, when you're alone give me a call ok"
Dad: "Go ahead, it's fine"
Me: "Do you think G/F is weird?"
Dad: laughing "yeah, FUCK YEAH I think she's weird"
Me: "What's the deal with her kids, you know they didn't even thank us for the gifts"
Dad: "doesn't surprise me, they're ungrateful little bastards"
Me: "Dad, really are you happy?"
Dad: "No, I'm about ready to blow. Mainly over that oldest kid he shouldn't even be living there. Between me and you after the first of the year I'm going to tell her to kick rocks"

So I'm relieved but still pissed I gotta wait until next year for him to make up for his eff'd up g/f LOL.

2 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Love your obnoxious humor. I always wish they'd just hand over the cold hard cash than a shitty gift.
Robyn

TriXXie said...

My mother asks for a list, then does all of her shopping at museum gift shops. There is nothing on my list that is ever at a museum gift shop. I stopped giving her lists. I am never disappointed. I let her gifts show me where her thoughts lie. In the process, while I've gotten some serious die-hard dud gifts, I also have gotten some pretty cool things that I never would have thought to ask for.