Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Today, for the first time I'm ashamed to be an American

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Hello Socialism!

Well, the only positive thing that has come out about this is it shows how much the country has grown. We have elected a black president.. too bad he's an awful choice!
My only other hope is there will now be an end to "hate" crimes. Crimes are crimes!! No more Affirmitave Action (we're all equal now), and Jesse Jackson will be out of a job because he no longer has anything to bitch about!!!

I can see how people fell for Obama, he's a wonderful speaker.... and so was Hitler.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Girl I totally agree w/ you! Scared to death here! Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. That's about all we can do now! :(

Anonymous said...

Amen. All he is is a smooth talker.

AmyWaWa said...

For the first time ever I have to completely disagree with you. Scared to death??? Like the last eight years have been great??? Sorry, but I can't think of anything great Bush has done. I've lost my job due to outsourcing, we lost the house we were renting due to foreclosure and we pay $600 a month for healthcare. Ashamed? Really? Interesting.

LivingLifeBackwards said...

Yes, absolutley I am ashamed! It's not about republican or democrat. I never said I was a fan of McCain, I am about less government. So if you are OK with the government controlling every aspect of your life you voted for the right man.
Me personally I don't want to be in debt to my government just because I want a free house, or a free car.
The house was foreclosed on that you rented.... you know why? Because the democrats voted in favor of Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac. So poor people could get loans, loans they cannot pay back.. then they go into foreclosure. Then they lose their house, and their credit. You want free health care... you get what you pay for. There's a reason why people don't go to the public hospitals. THEY SUCK, and that's what all our hospitals are going to turn into. So now you and I both get to get taxed at about 40% so that money can make sure that some asshole who is pumping out kids left and right can sit on their asses and live the same lifestyle as me. I just get to pay for it. So I'm busting my ass for them? So then I think... well screw this why am I busting MY ass when I could do nothing and bring home the same money. So I quit my job... and so do more people who wisen up... then taxes go up to pay for those people... then we're all f*cked.

Change, yes America voted for change. You want to be able to protect your family from an intruder... so you have a gun in your home. Not anymore... gun rights are gone. There's your change.

You want to be able to express your dislike for government. Not anymore, free speech is gone. There's your change.

I love the idea that Bush did all this awful stuff.... really because last time I checked it's a Democratic Congress and they have to approve all bills passed.

Now we have a Democratic President and a Democratic Congress... Yes I'm scared VERY SCARED.

I'm not hating on you Amywawa just expressing my views. I appreciate you standing up for what you believe in.

AmyWaWa said...

Whoa. Agree to disagree, I guess. I never said I wanted a free house or car, only the right to live in the one I had signed a lease on. The last I remember, the President has veto power over all bills and it is pretty hard to override a veto. I never asked for free health care, only the opportunity to bring home more of the money my husband and I work so hard for. Don't you? Eight years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter we paid somewhere around $65-$75 out of my husband's checks every pay period, which was 2 weeks. Now we pay $160 every pay period, which is only a one-week period.

As far as I've ever seen, there's always been those that have sat around on their "asses" and popped out babies, collected their welfare checks and food stamps and let the rest of us pay for it. It's been that way for a long time, no matter who was in office. I can't believe you really think that everyone is going to suddenly realize that they could bring home the same amount of money if they just go sit at home and collect welfare and food stamps. Ever try to live off welfare and food stamps? We did when I was a kid when my mom had a nervous breakdown after my brother drown. She lost her job and we would go stand in line for government cheese and butter and some almost expired mac n cheese. It wasn't fun. Unfortunately there's always going to be those that are just plain lazy and will work the system so they don't have to go out and find a job. Those are the ones that will make it look bad for the rest of the hard working people that have fallen on hard times, lost their jobs, have kids and all they want to do is work and support their families. I'm happy to pay into a system that supports them while they are down and out because you never ever know when you might suddenly find yourself in the exact same situation.

Public hospitals? I work for one. Do I think it sucks? No. In fact of the 7 hospitals we have here in the quad cities, only one is not a public hospital and I bet it's about the same way all over the country. I think my hospital is not only a pretty great place to work but also a pretty great hospital. It was recently named a top consumer choice hospital and we recently began offering robotic surgery. There isn't any other place I would take myself, my kids, or any other member of my family, regardless of whether I work there or not.

As far as guns, I don't allow them in the house. I have kids and I'm not interested in having one of them end up in some sad story on the news. Also, not sure where you heard or read that Obama was going to be getting rid of the 1st and 2nd amendments. Would love to have that link. I'm sorry that you're scared and no longer proud to live in this country and that you think my decision to vote for change was poor and "stupid." I guess only time will tell. Again, only expressing my opinion.